This privacy notice sets out the data processing practices carried out through the activities of the Partnerships Directorate of Leonard Cheshire.
Working with and for disabled people we deliver impactful programmes, build meaningful relationships and create inclusive communities which enable individuals to live the lives they choose.
We do this through delivering skills and confidence, volunteering and employment as well as managing all the organisation’s corporate and voluntary sector relationships and volunteers to deliver value for our customers and organisation.
If you have any requests concerning your personal information or any queries with regard to these practices, please contact the Information Governance Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that all data thus captured will be used and held in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) 2018.
The people we support are referred to us in a number of ways, and we need to collect personal and sensitive data in order to provide tailored and person-centred support.
We collect information in the following ways:
- Referrals from third party organisations, including schools and colleges, Jobcentre Plus, funding agencies, employers, volunteer centres, Local Authorities, partners
- Leonard Cheshire care services and other Leonard Cheshire programmes
- Applications through an online Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
- Survey questionnaires conducted through an online survey tool, www.surveygizmo.com
- Through the Leonard Cheshire website
- Third party volunteer recruitment website e.g. www.do-it.org
When you interact with us, we may collect the following information about you to help us to get to know you and understand your needs so we can support you better:
- Phone number
- Mobile number
- Date of Birth
- NI number
- Marital status
- Sexual orientation
- Religious beliefs
- Housing situation
- If you have dependent children
- Nature of your disability
- How your disability affects you on a daily basis
- Your accessibility requirements
- What type of support you need
- Previous work and employment experience
- Educational background
- Right to Work in the UK
- Benefits you are in receipt of
- Other services and support you receive
We process personal and sensitive information now called special information which is collected for the purposes of:
- supporting disabled people to access training and find employment
- providing information around social welfare issues to disabled people
- assessing the needs of and developing tailored action plans for disabled people
- supporting disabled people to take part in social action and volunteering opportunities
- supporting disabled people to take part in work experience placements and internships
- facilitating volunteering opportunities in the community and within Leonard Cheshire services
- promoting digital inclusion for disabled people so they become digitally active and learn digital skills
- providing accessible IT equipment to disabled people
- supporting overseas volunteers to volunteer in the UK
We will always ask you about how you would like us to communicate with you whenever you share your details with us. We will send you information according to the preferences that you have expressed.
If you would like to change your preferences or remove your personal details at any point, please email us at email@example.com or call us on 0300 303 0074. Alternatively, you can write to us at Supporter Care team, Leonard Cheshire Disability, 66 South Lambeth Road, London SW8 1RL
As a member of one of our programmes, from time to time, we may send you information related to wider activities to give you the opportunity to support us further through volunteering, campaigning or fundraising.
For specific details on how and why we use your personal data for marketing purposes, please read the full details in the Marketing and Fundraising section.