Life and work skills development
We provide training to improve skills and support disabled people into employment.
- Can Do offers opportunities for 10‑ to 35‑year-old disabled people to volunteer in their communities, developing skills and knowledge to lead more independent lives and be socially active.
- Change100 connects disabled students with paid internships at top UK companies.
- Discover IT is a network of accessible IT rooms giving disabled people access to computers and equipment in their community.
- Discover IT @ Home offers disabled people access to computers and adapted equipment within their homes.
- Our Work Choice voluntary employment programme that supports disabled people to become ready for work. For many people, it is the stepping stone into full, unsupported employment.
- Internationally, we have supported over 17,000 people with disabilities into paid or self-employment in Africa and Asia, and provided skills training for nearly 50,000. Find out more about our livelihoods projects.
- ACE (Able Capable Employment) offers tailored one-to-one support and specialist advice to disabled Londoners seeking and taking up new employment.
- Opportunity Suffolk offers tailored one-to-one support and specialist advice to disabled people seeking and taking up employment, training or education.
- Wise Steps provides one-to-one tailored support to help people take positive steps towards work in Tyne and Wear.