Life and work skills development
We provide training to improve skills and support disabled people into employment.
- Can Do offers opportunities for 10‑ to 35‑year-old disabled people to volunteer in their communities, developing skills and knowledge to lead more independent lives and be socially active.
- Change100 connects disabled students with paid internships at top UK companies.
- Discover IT is a network of accessible IT rooms giving disabled people access to computers and equipment in their community.
- Discover IT @ Home offers disabled people access to computers and adapted equipment within their homes.
- Our Work Choice voluntary employment programme that supports disabled people to become ready for work. For many people, it is the stepping stone into full, unsupported employment.
- Internationally, we have supported over 17,000 people with disabilities into paid or self-employment in Africa and Asia, and provided skills training for nearly 50,000. Find out more about our livelihoods projects.
- Our Specialist Employability Support (SES) service is a voluntary programme supporting individuals with sight loss become ready for work, and supports them while in work.