Calling all teachers – sign up to our new Strictly Schools dance programme, funded by BBC Children in Need!
We’ve teamed up with Ballet Cymru to provide free, digital dancing lessons for children of all abilities. We’re looking for pupils with disabilities aged 5-18 years old to get their dancing shoes on.
Watch your learners dance like they’ve never danced before with our inclusive and wheelchair friendly tutorials. Our digital classes are a fun way to keep fit at school - they’ll also help grow your pupil’s confidence.
Hold your own Strictly heat
We’d love you to host your own heat and share the moves of your favourite dancers with us. The best dancers will receive our star treatment and enjoy the limelight of the Strictly Schools final.
All finalists will have the chance to create their own routine with the help of a professional dancing instructor from Ballet Cymru. We’ll also send a professional filmmaker in to capture their showstopping performance – it’s great opportunity to promote your school!
Don’t worry if you’ve got two left feet - we’ll be with you every step of the way. Our packs are filled with all the information you need to support your dancing sessions.
Applications have now closed.
What you'll receive
When you sign up you’ll receive:
- Contemporary and Ballet tutorials for wheelchair and inclusive dancers ages 5-11.
- Contemporary and Ballet tutorials for wheelchair and inclusive dancers ages 12-18.
- A teachers resource pack full of hints and tips and suggestions for enhancing the learning experience.
- Support and top tips on how to host your final heat
- Filming guidance to make sure you capture every move.
- Medals, certificates and stickers for all of your dancers.