Change Makers is a citizen reporting programme for young people aged 16-25 with a disability or additional need.
What is Change Makers?
Providing training in how to become a Citizen Reporter, our Change Maker programme will give you the opportunity to create campaigns and make a change in your community.
During your six months on the Change Makers programme, you will learn more about:
- Highlighting important issues through speaking to people in your community and capturing your own thoughts using your smartphone
- Telling people about the things that affect you in your local community
- Getting your voice heard!
We are currently operating in four locations – Belfast, Manchester, Glasgow and Swansea.
What is citizen reporting?
As a Citizen Reporter you will:
- Identify issues for change
- Share your story
- Work as part of a team
- Gather evidence on the change that needs to happen
- Talk to local media outlets
- Make change happen by campaigning for change on the issues you have explored with your reporting group!
What are the benefits of being a Change Maker?
- Something great to add to your CV
- Meeting new people
- Building your confidence
- Building your digital, reporting and campaigning skills
- Developing a deeper sense of community spirit