Improvements to Park House Hotel
Our accessible hotel — Park House Hotel — is getting a revamp in 2021.
At Park House Hotel we want to be able to offer disabled visitors and their families a world class experience at this iconic location.Hugh Fenn, executive director UK Services
In light of unprecedented challenges caused by the current pandemic, it's anticipated the start of Park House refurbishment work will be delayed until Spring 2021.
As a charity, our current focus is on supporting our frontline staff who throughout lockdown have been caring for vulnerable people in residential homes across the UK.
Since the building was gifted to us in 1983, we've transformed it into a hotel for disabled people, their families and their friends.
Our aim has always been to offer our customers a world-class hotel experience at this iconic location.
To continue to achieve this — we've decided it's time for some refurbishments.
What we're going to do
- Increase the number of bedrooms from 16 to 24.
- Installing new lifts to provide improved accessibility to areas of the hotel.
- Redesigning the conservatory area to create a games room, second bar and small gym.
- Improvements to the catering facilities.
- Additional car parking spaces.
- New communications and administration systems.
- Covering the outside swimming pool so it can be used all year round.
Plans to increase the accessibility of the surrounding grounds for guests are also underway.
Work will begin in January 2020 and run all the way to December 2020 — with the hotel being ready to open in time for Christmas!
By making this investment, we hope that Park House Hotel will become an unrivalled destination for disabled guests and tourists.