Trusts and Foundations
Leonard Cheshire has long and established relationships with many charitable trusts and foundations across the UK. Without the generous support of these organisations we would be unable to make such a big difference to thousands of disabled people’s lives every year.
We would like to offer our warmest thanks to all those trusts and foundations that have supported and continue to support our work.
Without the generous support of these organisations we would be unable to make such a big difference to thousands of disabled people’s lives every year.
- The National Lottery Community Fund generously support Opening Doors, our befriending and enabling programme empowering isolated disabled people to leave their homes more often and become involved in community-based activities and events, such as going to the cinema or theatre, visiting family and friends, and taking up training or employment opportunities.
- Support from Comic Relief and Sport England has helped to fund Can Do, our national youth-led programme supporting young disabled people to lead and deliver on social change in their local communities.
- BBC Children in Need, Francis C Scott Charitable Trust and the Sir John Fisher Foundation have helped to fund YouthAbility, our all-inclusive youth clubs in Cumbria supporting young disabled people develop skills and capabilities to facilitate a smooth transition into adulthood. The project provides a variety of social, leisure and educational opportunities for disabled youth, their siblings and friends.
- Comic Relief are funding our Inclusive Education project in Tanzania, where we are supporting 1,000 children with disabilities over 4 years to enrol and remain in 20 local mainstream schools and fulfil their right to education.
- The National Community Lottery Fund is funding our work in Uganda, where we are increasing access to waged-employment for persons with disabilities in Kampala by working with young qualified persons with disabilities, companies, and Employment Ministries
How your trust can help
Your trust can help improve the lives of disabled people and their families across the UK and the world by supporting Leonard Cheshire Disability’s work. You can choose to support a specific project, country, or area of work, or you can allow us to use the donation where the need is greatest.
If you would like to know more about our work or are interested in supporting Leonard Cheshire Disability, please call Christopher Mann on 020 3242 0403 or email email@example.com.