How we make a difference
We believe in a fair and inclusive world, where everyone can live as they choose. Our work has an impact on individuals, the public, organisations, and at national and global levels in order to reach this goal.
Impact for individuals
- Disabled people feel respected, valued and safe, choose where and how they live, and participate freely in social and leisure activities.
- People achieve improved learning outcomes, their aspirations for work, and financial control.
- People can optimise their health and wellbeing.
- We support disabled people to claim their rights, access quality learning and work, and live as they choose.
- We work with families and communities to be inclusive.
- We address additional barriers faced by girls and women.
Impact on organisations and the public
- The public adopts inclusive behaviours towards people with disabilities.
- Communities are fully accessible – including homes, public spaces and transport.
- Education providers and employers enable full participation.
- Technology, products and services are designed to be inclusive.
- We champion rights, promote inclusive behaviours and challenge discrimination.
- We campaign and use our influence to increase access to education, employment, transport and buildings.
- We work with organisations to foster inclusive practices.
- We promote inclusive innovation in technology, products and services.
Impact globally and nationally
- Full implementation of the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.
- Laws enable individuals to live, learn and work as they choose.
- Resources are allocated to ensure policies are delivered in practice.
- We advocate for disability rights with, and build the capacity of, individuals and Disabled People’s Organisations (DPOs).
- We conduct research and generate evidence to create persuasive insight.
- We influence decision-makers to drive change.