Stelios Award for Disabled Entrepreneurs in the UK
In partnership with Leonard Cheshire
Calling all entrepreneurs!
The Stelios Awards for Disabled Entrepreneurs is back for its 12th year, and we want to help you ignite your start-up ideas, clever business plans and brilliant marketing skills.
What is the Award?
The Stelios Award is a business award run in partnership with the Stelios Philanthropic Foundation. It recognises the exceptional spirit and business ability of disabled entrepreneurs.
Each of our five finalists win £10,000 with the winner recieving an extra £20,000 to help kickstart their business or take it to the next level.
We welcome start-ups, social enterprises and companies which are already up and running.
How do I apply?
Applications are now open — download the application form today! Applications close 1 October.
If you have any questions or queries, please call our Stelios Award team on 07738 329 515 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note due to high volumes of calls if you miss your planned appointment we unfortunately can't guarantee you another slot.
What’s the judging criteria?
- You must be a disabled entrepreneur and must own at least 50% of the company. Exceptions are occasionally made, subject to Sir Stelios’s decision. We use the Equality Act 2010 definition of disability.
- The award is open to companies whose owners are over the age of 18, operating and registered in the UK only
- The award is open to registered and not-yet-registered companies, charities and social enterprises registered the UK.
- The applicant must have, or plans to have an active online presence
- The company must not be more than seven years old
- Candidates must declare any previous applications, or any negative press coverage about themselves or their company if short-listed.
- Past winners and/or applicants are welcome to re-apply. Many winners have applied, and won, before.
What does a winning business look like?
Winning businesses have been anything from sports companies, ice cream makers, ceramic masters, apps, health training, education.
You name it — we have seen it. So don’t think you have to fit the mould — we love innovative ideas and companies.