Improving employability in London
We have programmes that aim to improve the employability of disabled Londoners.
Able Capable Employed (ACE)
ACE offers tailored one-to-one support and specialist advice to disabled people seeking and taking up new employment. It matches and prepares people for appropriate and suitable employment and provide in-work support to help participants to settle into their new roles.
Under this programme, we are able to offer a grant to support employers with the wages costs of our participant in the first few months.
- The ACE partnership provides direct support to employers, helping them to identify and adapt vacancies within their organisations and ensure that capable, prepared and well suited candidates make the most of and succeed in these roles.
- We provide continued in-work support to the participant and the employer during and after the subsidised period.
- The programme gives those we are supporting an excellent chance to prove themselves in the workplace in a supportive setting.
- It allows an employer to take on someone that perhaps they wouldn’t without the financial incentive and use the money as a training grant.
ACE facts: participant eligibility information
25 years and over
Out of work for the previous six months and have not worked for more than six months in the last two years.
Living in a London borough.
Has a disability or long-term health condition.
You need to live in:
- South London: Bromley, Croydon, Greenwich, Lambeth, Lewisham, Southwark, Westminster and Wandsworth.
- East London: Havering, Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge
- North and West London: Barnet, Brent, Camden, Ealing, Enfield, Haringey, Hillingdon, Hounslow and Islington
If you would like support from Leonard Cheshire, ask the disability employment advisor at your local Jobcentre Plus to refer you to us. Alternatively, call us on 020 7112 1489 extension 1.
This project is part-financed by the European Union and Big Lottery fund.
Change Works is a bespoke service that works with individuals assessing their wants and needs, action planning and goal setting and enabling them to choose from a suite of employability options including:
- Development Workshops:
- CV building
- Interview techniques
- Health and wellbeing
- Rights and responsibilities in the workplace
- Managing your Disability at Work
- Work tasters, placements and trials
- Paid employment opportunities
Individuals are free to choose all or some of these interventions depending on their situation, disability and previous experience.
We offer 1-1 support to job search and contact employers to set up placements and we also provide in work support and links to other programmes with financial incentives to employers.
- Be over 18 years old
- Living in a London borough
- Has a disability or long-term health condition
If you're interested or have any questions please email email@example.com
Specialist Employability Support
Our Specialist Employability Support (SES) programme works with people who have visual impairments.
Some clients may have other disabilities or conditions alongside their visual impairment so, as with our other programmes, we provide a person-centred approach to our support.
The programme is designed to assist clients to find employment through an individually tailored combination of guidance, learning in the workplace, work experience and training.
In-work support is also provided both to individuals who find employment and their employers to ensure that they stay in work. We started this programme in November 2015 and currently work with a small number of referrals.
SES is a flexible programme that we will tailor to your requirements. It's available throughout the UK and Leonard Cheshire Disability delivers the project in North London.
If you would like support, ask the disability employment advisor at your local Jobcentre Plus to refer you to us.