Are we right for you?
The Leonard Cheshire Disability team is on hand to help you make sense of the wealth of information available and to access facilities and services in your local area that you may not be aware of.
We provide impartial information, advice or guidance in areas such as:
- independent living
- grant and statutory funding
- housing and transport
- holidays, sport and leisure
- employment, enterprise and education
- disability specific information
Our mentoring support can also provide you with a sounding board for exploring how you can get greater control over your finances, your health and well-being, or your independence at home.
Our friendly advisors provide support by telephone and email to empower you to overcome the challenges you face.
We provide support and services to people with physical and sensory impairments as well as mental health or long-term work limiting health conditions.
What support can I expect?
- Impartial information about national and local support services specific to your situation.
- One-to-one assistance to find the right information.
- Benefit calculations and benefit information.
- Distance mentoring.
- Advocacy on your behalf.
- An individualised action plan to support you and help you overcome identified issues.
- Developing an employment or education action plan to help you achieve your goals.
- Home assessment visits in very complex cases with follow-up support.
- Information and referral to our other services, organisations or support groups.
- Information about independent living, assistive technology, a specific disability, your rights as a disabled person, grant and statutory funding and guidance on how to apply for funding, and helping you find solutions to housing or transport problems.
The project provides a personal advisor who you’ll get to know by their first name. They’ll take the time and trouble to find out your most pressing needs, and give you step-by-step guidance to address them.