Bank Workers Charity partnership
We provide independent and confidential information, advice and mentoring support to disabled people and carers from the banking community, including people with mental health or long-term health conditions that affect their ability to work.
To access these services, you need to be referred to us by the Bank Workers Charity (BWC), who fund the programme. The scheme combines Leonard Cheshire Disability's unique understanding of disability issues with BWC's experience in supporting employees in the banking sector.
What can we offer you?
- Up to four hours of personalised support provided by Leonard Cheshire client advisors by telephone and email to clients referred to us by the BWC.
- An individualised action plan to support you and help you overcome identified issues.
Additional support if you meet further BWC eligibility criteria, including:
- Up to a further eight hours of support.
- Organising a home assessment in very complex cases.
- Referral to other Leonard Cheshire services where appropriate.
‘The help from Leonard Cheshire has been a lifeline — they were the first people that noticed me as a person and understood my condition.
‘My advisor gave me great advice and there was someone that wanted to listen to me when no one else would help.’
You can read more about the services we deliver by downloading the Leonard Cheshire/BWC partnership impact report 2013-15.
To apply, please call BWC on 0800 0234 834 or email email@example.com.
Find out more about our partnership with the BWC on the main Bank Workers Charity website or call Benjamin Bruck on 0203 691 2567.