ACE: Able Capable Employable
ACE offers tailored one-to-one support and specialist advice to disabled people seeking and taking up new employment.
It matches and prepares people for appropriate and suitable employment and provide in-work support to help participants to settle into their new roles.
- Under this programme, we are able to offer a grant to support employers with the wages costs of our participant in the first few months.
- The ACE partnership provides direct support to employers, helping them to identify and adapt vacancies within their organisations and ensure that capable, prepared and well suited candidates make the most of and succeed in these roles.
- We provide continued in-work support to the participant and the employer during and after the subsidised period.
- The programme gives those we are supporting an excellent chance to prove themselves in the workplace in a supportive setting.
- It allows an employer to take on someone that perhaps they wouldn’t without the financial incentive and use the money as a training grant.
ACE facts: participant eligibility information
- 25 years and over.
- Out of work for the previous six months and no work for more than six months in the last two years.
- Living in a London borough.
- Has a disability or long-term health condition.
- South London: Bexley, Bromley, Croydon, Kensington and Chelsea, Greenwich, Lewisham, Southwark, Westminster and Wandsworth.
- East London: Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge
- North and West London: Barnet, Brent, Camden, Ealing, Enfield, Haringey, Hillingdon, Hounslow and Islington,
If you would like support from Leonard Cheshire Disability, ask the disability employment advisor at your local Jobcentre Plus to refer you to us. Alternatively, call us on 020 7112 1489 extension 1.
This project is part-financed by the European Union and Big Lottery fund.