At the end of 2015, the employment rate for disabled people stood at 46.7%, compared with 80.3% for non-disabled people. To halve this gap would require bringing an extra 1.2 million disabled people into work.
We provide a number of services and programmes to improve disabled people's employment opportunities.
- Change100 brings together the UK’s top employers and talented disabled students and graduates to offer three months of paid work experience.
- Work Choice is a government-supported, voluntary programme for disabled people who are looking to find or keep a job.
- Stelios Award for Disabled People in the UK supports disabled entrepreneurs to develop their businesses.
We offer a number of specialist employment programmes around the UK:
Specialist employability support is a government-supported, voluntary programme for people with sight loss who are looking to find or keep a job. Available in
- Scotland: Highlands, Islands, Clyde Coast and Grampian
- London: north, north east, west and central London
- ACE (Able Capable Employment) offers tailored one-to-one support and specialist advice to disabled Londoners seeking and taking up new employment.
- Resolve is a six-week employability skills programme for young people aged 18 to 35 based in the London borough of Barking.
- Specialist employability support is a government-supported, voluntary programme for people with sight loss who are looking to find or keep a job. Available in