Hundreds of cyclists heading to West Norfolk
6 June 2017
Places are still available for Leonard Cheshire Disability’s popular Cycle Together Sandringham on Sunday 18 June.
Hundreds of cyclists of all ages and abilities will be descending on West Norfolk this month to take part in Leonard Cheshire Disability’s annual Cycle Together Sandringham event.
There are still plenty of places available to join them, at this family friendly event organised by Leonard Cheshire Disability on Sunday 18 June.
Cyclists have a choice of routes, ranging from 10 miles to 100 miles, all on the quiet back lanes of the beautiful West and North Norfolk countryside.
All these routes start and finish at Leonard Cheshire Disability’s Park House hotel in Sandringham. Money raised from entry fees and sponsorship will help create new outdoor facilities for disabled guests at the hotel.
Participants are coming from all over the UK to take in the beautiful countryside. Roger Colman, a 53-year-old training consultant from Rugby in Warwickshire, is one such rider.
‘I decided to sign up to give myself a challenge after taking up cycling in September last year, with the aim of being able to complete the 50 mile event.
‘I decided on the Sandringham event because it is one of my favourite places in the world and also the event is in aid of an amazing charity that carries out so much good work.
All cyclists will receive a commemorative medal, and there will be refreshments, including a free beer at the finish line. There is also a range of prizes, with categories including youngest rider, oldest rider and biggest family group.
There will also be free supervised Go-Ride activities for children in the grounds of Park House hotel, with bikes provided.
Online entries for the event close at midday Thursday 15 June, but entries will be accepted on the day (£5 extra).
Registration opens at 7am.
The first 100 and 75 mile riders will start at 8am, 50 milers from 8.30am, and the shorter routes from 9.15am.
- All routes are fully sign-posted.
- Ample free parking is available at Park House hotel.
- There will be mechanical assistance, medical assistance and a recovery vehicle on the day.
- All routes have free feed stations with nutritious drinks and snacks.
For more details and to enter text ‘CYCLE’ to 80878 or email Phil Davies.
- For further media enquires please email Bethany Ditzel or call 020 3242 0389.
- Sponsors include Adrian Flux Insurance, Alive Leisure, Duff Morgan, The Big Prawn Company and many other suppliers whose support is greatly appreciated.
- Park House Hotel is a Victorian country house, set in the grounds of Sandringham Estate in West Norfolk. Specialist disabled facilities and equipment such as profiling beds, wet rooms and tracking hoists within the hotel's eight single and eight twin bedded rooms.