Hot cross bun and butter pudding recipe
24 March 2016
The kitchen at our Bells Piece care home have developed this recipe that makes for a delicious, low-fat Easter treat!
- 40g low-fat spread
- four reduced-fat hot cross buns
- 75g ready-to-eat apricots, chopped
- three eggs
- 675ml semi-skimmed milk
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- 75g Demerara sugar
- Grease a small baking dish with some low fat spread. Cut the hot cross buns in half and spread the remaining low-fat spread. Arrange them in the dish with the chopped apricots.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl. Add the milk and vanilla extract and then beat together. Next stir in the sugar, allowing a few minutes for it to dissolve. Pour over the hot cross buns and cover. Leave to soak for 20 minutes.
- Pre-heat the over to 180 degrees celsius fan/gas mark 4. Uncover the pudding and bake for 35-40 minutes, until it is set and golden brown.
Serve with low-fat custard.