A warm welcome to Kirkland View
Our spacious, purpose-built and fully accessible flats are ideal for people with physical disabilities (who may also have a learning disability) who need 35 or more hours of support a week to live independently.
The flats are available to rent through Impact Housing, who have over 35 years’ experience of developing, renting and maintaining accessible homes. Leonard Cheshire Disability’s fully trained team of staff are available 24 hours a day to provide you with as much or as little support as you would like.
Kirkland View is in a vibrant town centre location in Kendal, Cumbria. The property is within very easy reach of local amenities, including shops, restaurants and leisure centres. The flats are also very close to the riverside.
At Kirkland View, your support can include:
- getting in and out of bed
- getting dressed and undressed
- washing and using the bathroom
- taking medication
Around the home
- preparing drinks, snacks and meals
- support with household chores — cleaning, laundry, DIY etc.
Out and about
- going shopping
- attending appointments e.g. hairdressers, doctors
- enjoying social and leisure activities — meeting friends, doing exercise etc.
- finding employment
- managing your money
- road safety and transport skills
Kirkland View is a purpose-built development of 30 flats, set within its own grounds. 12 of the flats have been adapted to offer easy access for wheelchair users or people with restricted mobility. Each flat has a kitchen, bathroom, living room and two bedrooms.
Accessible features in each flat include:
- wide doorways to suit all wheelchair users
- reinforced ceilings suitable to take tracking for hoists
- fully adapted kitchens
- emergency call systems
- lift access
How much does it cost?
Once we have discussed your requirements with you, we will provide a full breakdown of how we can help and what it will cost.
We provide support to people who pay for themselves and people who receive direct payments, personal budgets or individual budgets from local councils.