Types of service
- Accessible holidays
Parkside Guest House is a two-storey Victorian detached house located in a residential area of North Edinburgh. The perfect place to stay whether you are visiting for leisure or business, Parkside is just a 30 minute walk or a 5 minute car/taxi ride from the main shops and attractions of Ocean Terminal or the Botanic Gardens.
Leonard Cheshire Disability Scotland has worked in partnership with the City of Edinburgh Council to develop a service which will meet the respite needs of people with physical disabilities in Edinburgh and beyond.
The recently refurbished property offers five bedrooms, two of which are fully accessible ground floor en-suites. There is level access throughout the ground floor to the guest lounge and dining room. On the first floor there are three bedrooms: one en-suite family room and two which share a bathroom. These rooms are accessible by stairs and available to people with fewer mobility issues and also to family, friends and carers. The rear garden provides secure and sheltered space for relaxing and is accessed by a single run ramp.
The team at Parkside will liaise with guests and their families and/or professionals to plan the details of their stay and ensure the right levels are support are available throughout.
I would like to thank the team for providing my client with an experience that she clearly enjoyed and will have given her husband valuable time away from his caring role. —
- two accessible ground floor en-suites, with ceiling tracking throughout
- one first floor family en-suite
- two first floor rooms with shared bathroom
- tea/coffee making facilities
- hairdryers (on request)
- room service (on request)
- full Scottish breakfast with vegetarian options
- main meals (available with prior booking)
- catering for all diets and requirements
- accessible, secure and sheltered garden
- accessible dining room
- accessible lounge
- staff paging system to access support
- free wi-fi
- private parking (for up to two cars)
- local accessible taxi and public transport options
- nearby accessible attractions
Booking your stay
For booking enquiries, send us a message or call 0131 346 9044.