Employment in India
We're currently working in Chennai and Cuddalore to support at least 125 disabled people into paid employment.
This project has a specific focus on supporting disabled women to find work opportunities, who are often excluded from mainstream development processes.
Our main aim of the project is to upgrade an existing Enterprise Unit to lead to the creation of employment opportunities in the textiles and fashion industry to help diversify livelihood opportunities.
- Upgrade the training unit to support at least a further 75 disabled women in Cuddalore
- Facilitate career guidance and training for 75 disabled women
- Support at least 20 disabled women to set up their own business
- Support at least 60 disabled people to find waged job opportunities in Cuddalore and Chennai
- Work with local employers to promote disability inclusion in the workplace