International consultants and suppliers
We're regularly looking for consultancies roles in our regional offices.
Accessible Client Communication across Continuum of Care Advert
We are a partner in the Women’s Integrated Sexual Health (WISH) Consortium – Lot 1, and our role is to provide technical assistance and leadership to the consortium to develop disability inclusive sexual and reproductive health services.
We are looking for an experienced Accessible Client Communications Consultant, who will support WISH implementing partners by creating more accessible and inclusive client facing resources and templates within a sexual and reproductive health context.
The consultant will also develop and deliver trainings to WISH partner organisations on newly developed accessible communications tools, and how to apply them to existing communication resources.
- Carry out an accessibility review process for a selection of client facing communications at different phases along the client journey
- Develop a series of guidelines (building on Leonard Cheshire’s “Make it Accessible” Guidelines) establishing how to make communications accessible and inclusive for different types of disabilities and low-literacy levels, as well as relevant within a sexual reproductive health context
- Identify a particular stage of the client journey e.g. obtaining consent or aftercare, and develop a new suite of resources that will improve access.
- Identify key resources that can be created in a range of formats, and develop examples and templates of easy read communications, examples of simple language to incorporate into communications, and examples of contrast, font size and more that are suitable for accessible communications
- Deliver trainings to disseminate new suite of tools on accessible communications that will have been developed. This will also include delivering trainings on the principals of creating Easy-Read resources, and will include delivering practical workshops that will apply to existing resources.
Please submit an expression of interest including the following:
- Your CV
- Contact details of two references
Please respond with your Expression of Interest to Amalie Quevedo (Amalie.email@example.com) by 11:59pm (GMT) on the 3 December 2020.
Contract: Contractual obligations will be defined through a standard consultancy agreement, outlining deliverables, timelines, payments, and stating that the intellectual property will belong to Leonard Cheshire.
If you have any queries, please contact Amalie Quevedo using the address above.
Gender Equality and Social Inclusion Consultant
We are leading a consortium to deliver a new programme named Skills for Prosperity Kenya (S4PKe). We are looking for a talented Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) Consultant. The consultant will develop a Gender Equality and Social Inclusion Strategy and Action Plan for the S4PKe Programme.
The consultant will work closely with Leonard Cheshire’s Programmes Technical Lead for Economic Inclusion and Innovation as well as the S4PKe team to deliver the assignment. The consultant will also liaise closely with Forum for African Women Educationalists (FAWE) which is one of the partners in the S4PKe consortium.
A Gender Equality and Social Inclusion Strategy and Action Plan to ensure that the S4P Kenya programme is at least level 1 (minimum compliance), ideally aiming for level 2 (empowerment) of the Prosperity Fund Gender & Inclusion Framework.
Please submit an Expression of Interest which should include the following:
- A detailed technical proposal including
- Description of how your skills and experience match the TOR requirements,
- Your understanding of the assignment
- Proposed methodology and work plan
- A financial proposal: Should include a detailed budget in Kenya Shillings
- Your CV, including track-record of recent projects, references of at least three (3) recent clients.
- Sample of similar GESI Strategy and Action Plan developed
Please respond with your Expression of Interest to Marjorie.Okora@leonardcheshire.org by COB 27 November 2020.
Baseline Study Consultant for Skills for Prosperity - Kenya
We are looking for a talented Baseline Study Consultant to lead the planning and implementation of the Baseline Study for the (S4PKe) Programme.
The consultant will develop all tools and resources to carry out the study in Kenya and lead in the design and execution across all target areas to establish the baseline status for all programme indicators.
The consultant will work closely with the S4PKe team, especially with the Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Manager (MEL), Programme Manager (PM), and the Head of the Consortium (HoC) to deliver the assignment.
- Review the existing relevant programme documents, including the programme document and log frame.
- In consultation with the MEL manager, design the baseline study methodology, sampling plan, data collection tools (survey questionnaires, key informant Interview guides, focus group discussion guides, observation guides, etc.) as necessary. The study design and sampling plan must be in line with the Gender Equality and Social inclusion principles.
- Develop a practical work plan for the execution of the baseline study as per the agreed timelines in consultation with the consortium partners.
- Suggest a report structure for the baseline report.
- Assemble a research assistant team as necessary and train them on the baseline design and data collection tools.
- Submit a concise inception report within the agreed timelines, detailing the baseline study design and work plan before starting any data collection.
Our international department are always looking for experienced consultants to join our roster to add extra capacity to our staff.
We're looking for consultants with any of the following skills:
- inclusive education
- economic inclusion
- assistive technology
- innovation and technology
- inclusive policies and advocacy
- proposal writing
- project management and grant management
If you are interested to join our consultants’ roster for short/medium term assignments please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.