Terms of reference: tax payment review of Leonard Cheshire Disability’s Southern Africa operation
- Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Leonard Cheshire Disability is a charity supporting disabled people around the world to fulfil their potential and live the lives they choose. In Zambia, Leonard Cheshire works with Cheshire Homes Society of Zambia (CHSZ) to support programmes on livelihood and inclusive education.
The inclusive education programmes are implemented in partnership with the government of the Republic of Zambia — especially the Ministries of Education and Health, communities and cooperating partners.
The objective is to support children with disabilities enroll and excel in their education and social pursuit within the context of the mainstream education system of Zambia.
Leonard Cheshire's Southern Africa Regional Office employs four members of staff and is located in Lusaka.
Overview/terms of reference
Leonard Cheshire Disability’s Southern Africa regional office (SARO), based in Lusaka, requires a review of their current and historic payments to the Zambia Revenue Authority (ZRA).
Leonard Cheshire requires a consultant to provide the following expert advice and support.
- Work with Leonard Cheshire’s regional finance manager to review and reconcile internal records with statements provided by the Zambia Revenue Authority between the period 2013 and present.
- Confirm and negotiate with the Zambia Revenue Authority (ZRA) the status of any Leonard Cheshire late payments and get an official written and signed statement of what Leonard Cheshire owes in payments and the total thereof.
- Review Leonard Cheshire’s current approach and provide advice to Leonard Cheshire on future payments and systems to support timely payment.
- Provide a written report on findings and recommendations.
Please note: this consultancy must be completed in 14 work days from day one of inception and signing of contract. The consultant will report to Leonard Cheshire's regional representative for Southern Africa.
- Following a reconciliation exercise and discussion with the Zambia Revenue Authority, obtain an official written statement from ZRA on the status of Leonard Cheshire Disability's historic and current tax payments.
- Written advice on what Leonard Cheshire needs to pay to liquidate any total penalty fee.
- Report on findings and recommendations.
Expected profile of the consultant
- Expert knowledge of Zambian tax rules and ZRA system.
- Experience in financial management in Zambian context.
- Good analytical and report writing skills.
Interested consultants are invited to submit a detailed expression of interest by 14 October 2016 to:
Leonard Cheshire Disability
10822 Mwinilunga Crescent
Off Lake Road, Woodlands
The expression of interest should be between two and four pages and include the following:
- Understanding of the terms of reference and the issues to address.
- Timetable of activities.
- Proposed budget including related expenses.
- CV of lead consultant(s).