Call for bids — supply of education materials/assistive devices for disabled children
The Leonard Cheshire East and North Africa Regional Office (LCD-ENAR) is part of Leonard Cheshire Disability International. Since 2014, we have been implementing a UKAID/DfiD funded project, Girl Education Challenge (GEC) in 4 counties namely Kisumu, Siaya, Homa Bay and Migori.
We are inviting tenders for the supply of the following items:
|Q15 001||Adapted child wheelchairs, including assessment and measurement cost in various locations in Mbita (2), Kisumu (2) and Migori (1).||5 wheelchairs|
|Q15 002||Child crutches including assessment and measuring cost in various locations in Kisumu (4) Mbita( 2) ,Siaya( 2) and Kisumu( 2).||10 pairs of crutches|
|Q14 003||Children’s pairs of reading glasses including assessment and measuring cost in various locations in Migori (100) and Kuria (250).||350 pieces|
|Q14 003||Hearing aids, including assessment and measurement costs (BTE Digital Hearing Aids). The assessments will be conducted at the Kisumu EARC Center||20 pieces|
|Q14 004||Specialised adapted desks in Kisumu and Siaya.||100 units|
|Q14 005||Teaching and learning materials, Exercise books for low vision both square and ruled to be supplied to Kisumu Leonard Cheshire Disability office.||Visual materials 1000 pieces|
|Q14 008||School uniforms (pullover, tunic dress, blouse in Kuria sub-county in Migori county.||325 pairs of uniforms|
- Apart from the desks, all other items will be delivered to the Leonard Cheshire Disability office in Kisumu.
- Potential suppliers/interested bidders to include costs related with assessments and transportation. If there are no costs related with assessments and/or transportation, then the potential supplier/bidder must indicate ‘free assessment’ and/or ‘free transportation’ in the bidding details.
- All quotes must include fitting/adjustment costs too — but if there are no such costs or those costs are inbuilt into the quotation, they must indicate ‘there will be no extra fitting and/or adjustment costs’.
Questions/clarifications should be emailed with the subject line ‘Q15 Tender questions/clarifications’ to all the following email addresses: Orpa.Ogot@leonardcheshire.org, Benson.Mbuthia@leonardcheshire.org and Collins.Olang@leonardcheshire.org — otherwise it will lead to automatic disqualification.
Complete bids to be emailed to Ashleigh.Bairstow@leonardcheshire.org before or on 24 November 2016 before 12.00noon UK time/3.00pm Kenyan time.
- All bidders must attach the following documents: business profile, Tax PIN details and Tax Certificate of Compliance, certificate of incorporation, location and contact details. The bids must be accompanied by a signed cover letter/email that is stamped and also spells out the contact details for follow up.
- Where goods will be imported, please indicate the country of manufacture.
- Bidders are encouraged to indicate their preferred terms and conditions, although this does not amount to a contractual agreement between Leonard Cheshire Disability and the bidder. Leonard Cheshire Disability will communicate with the successful bidders by Friday 28 November 2016 to agree on the payment terms and conditions.
- Bidders to provide any other information they deem necessary.
Successful bidders will be contacted by close of business on 28 November 2016. Due to an anticipated high number of applications, we are sorry we may not be able to get in touch with bidders who may be unsuccessful this time around.