We work across the UK, supporting people with disabilities in cities, towns and villages. We work closely with our communities by:
- Holding summer fetes, celebrations and other fundraising activities.
- Inviting local employers and businesses to volunteer and help with our grounds or accommodation.
- Offering the chance for local people to volunteer and help residents with their activities and day trips.
Our community volunteers and supporters are ambassadors for our care services in their communities.
They work with local residents and businesses to arrange events, provide volunteering opportunities and publicise what is going on. This all helps to raise important funds for the people who use the local service.
We currently have opportunities across the UK for:
- Social media experts – promoting local work through Facebook and Twitter.
- Events co-ordinators – an individual or a group of people/friends who can organise events in aid of Leonard Cheshire Disability, e.g. a quiz or sponsored challenge.
- Support administrators – writing thank-you letters and keeping in contact with local supporters.
- eBay champions – identifying and selling donated items on eBay.
- Researchers – identifying local opportunities for raising money and gaining support.
What does the money pay for?
- Assistive technology – which helps disabled people to lead independent lives.
- Minibuses and activities – enabling our residents to go to the cinema or theatre and take part in other activities they enjoy in the community.
- Sensory rooms – allowing our residents to benefit from the therapy or relaxation that sensory rooms offer.
- Improved grounds and gardens – upgrading paths and creating sensory spaces and raised flower beds, allowing people to spend time outside independently.
- ...and much more!
All our community volunteer opportunities can be flexible to suit your interests and skills. If you would like to join us, get in touch and tell us about yourself – we will see what we can do. Text VOLUNTEER to 80878 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.