Social action volunteering
Social action volunteering is all about choosing what works for you or your group.
We have lots of short and flexible actions you can take as well as longer term actions — from simply sharing a message through to face to face volunteering.
- Do you know a group or school that wants speakers? Share our Speaker Network page with them
- Tell your local Beavers, Cubs, and Scouts groups about our new A Million Hands resources
- Join our campaign community
- Street clutter can seriously impact access for some disabled people. Next time you see street clutter, report it on FixMyStreet
- Emergency cords in accessible toilets are often hard to reach or tied up, making it difficult for a disabled person to call for assistance. Euan’s Guide has designed cards that can be attached to the red cord to remind people how important it is that they hang correctly. Order some Red Cord Cards to keep with you and attach them to tied up cords
- Share our video on Facebook to help bust myths about disability.
- Get involved in Disabled Access Day, March 16, 2019
- Print some posters advertising our Speaker Network and ask local businesses to display them
- Organise a quiz night for us — we'll send you a pack
- Over a 1/4 million people need Changing Places toilets to enable them to get out and about. Tell people about the Changing Places toilet campaign
- Make an area in your community area more accessible by conducting access surveys
- Raise some funds for us with a Give and Bake event