Social action volunteering is all about choosing what works for you or your group.
We have lots of short and flexible actions you can take as well as longer term actions — from simply sharing a message through to face to face volunteering.
In isolation and want to volunteer?
Our guide gives you an example of a 12-week plan for different volunteering activities you can do from your own home.
If you have a few minutes
- Activities, games, and resources — Send local school or uniformed groups our disability resources.
- Speaker Network — Find out how to request a speaker.
- Join our campaigns — Help us build a fairer, more inclusive society.
- FixMyStreet — Report any street clutter you see to improve disabled access.
- Red Cord Cards — Order red cord cards to let venues know that emergency cords should not be tied up in accessible toilets.
- Change 100 leaflet — Download the Change 100 leaflet and send it to an employer to encourage them to employ a disabled intern in 2020.
- Amazon Smile — Choose us as your Amazon Smile charity.
- Random Act of Kindness — Make a card, postcard or gift for one of the people we support – find the service closest to you.
- Speaker Network — Book a disability equality speaker or let a school or group know about our speaker network.
If you have a few hours
- Speaker Network Posters — Print some posters and ask local businesses to display them.
- Organise a quiz night — Order one of our Let's Quiz packs.
- Changing Places toilet campaign — 1/4 million people need Changing Places toilets to enable them to get out and about. Support the Changing Places campaign.
- Make your community more accessible — Download our community access survey packs.
- Organise a bake sale — Order a Give and Bake pack.
- Sell unwanted items — Have a sort out and choose a few items to sell and give some or all of the proceeds to us. You may have to wait to sell/post until everyone can safely be around each other again, but you can do the sort out now.
If you have a few days or more
- Become a Speaker — Deliver presentations about our charity to groups and or support disabled people to deliver disability equality and inclusion sessions.
- Sign up for one of our events — Pop on your running shoes or grab your bike and sign up for one of our events.
- Volunteer for us — Volunteer in one of our services.
- Help combat social isolation — Organise a small inclusive activity with a local disability group