Thames Path Challenge
The Thames Path trail is unique — varied and beautiful scenery, stepped in history — and a superb backdrop for a 'festival' of endurance challenges.
Back to its fourth year, the challenge gives you options of 10km, 50km or 25km as a walk, jog, or run and there's a relay option open to teams. Whether you want to take part alongside friends, family or colleagues or just as an individual, you will be fully supported by our team. It is not just a challenge, it is an unforgettable journey!
Registration fee: £69 for 100km, £49 for 50km, £39 for 25km
£395 for 100km
£250 for 50km
£150 for 25km
- Walk it! — at a pace that suits you.
- Run it! — the ideal event to 'up' your distance.
- Jog it!— run a bit, walk a bit - you choose.
- Choose your distance: 100km, 50km or 25km.
- Join as a team or as an individual.
- Free hot meals, free drinks and snacks en route.
- Pace walkers, marshals, medics and massage.
- Corporate packages available.
- Teams of five or more receive a free technical t-shirt each.
- Finisher's medal, t-shirt, glass of bubbly!
- 100km runner's trophies for fastest man and woman!
- Relay option available — team of four, each taking on 25km.
For full information on the challenge, its inclusions, the route, FAQs and much more, please visit the Thames Path Challenge website.
Ultra Challenge Series 2017
What challenge are you taking on for 2017?
With the Ultra Challenge Series, you have a choice of five inspiring endurance events like no other to walk, jog, or run in aid of Leonard Cheshire Disability.
Whether it is a 25km walk, a testing 50km or the 100km ultra marathon run or walk, there is a distance for everyone! These challenges are perfect for people of all fitness levels, offering softer options for beginners and the 'ultras' for those that are really going for it, along with those in between!
These are all-inclusive events with an extremely high level of hospitality — including regular rest stops approximate;y every 12.5km, with dirnks and snacks, a fully signed route (you won't get lost!) and hot meals designed to keep you going. By taking part, you'll be making a real difference to Leonard Cheshire Disability and we promise that it will be a challenge that you won't forget.
Passing by stunning scenery, meeting new friends and discovering hidden resilience and spirit, few can describe the elation at crossing the finishing line. For many participants, these are unforgettable experiences, from fundraising to training, to the challenge itself — it is a journey from the start!
The 2017 — 2018 challenges are:
- Isle of Wight Challenge
- London 2 Brighton Challenge
- Grand Union Challenge
- London 2 Cambridge Challenge
Where will your money go
Once you have signed up, we will send you a welcome pack with a lot of training and fundraising advice.
All of the money you raise will help us to continue to support many thousands of disabled people across the UK. You can also request for the money you raise to be restricted to your local care home or other Leonard Cheshire service.