We are currently recruiting for volunteer gardeners nationwide for a number of our services.
When convenient for both residents and volunteers, but ideally a few hours a month
Key Activities to include:
- Liaise with service to assign tasks
- Perform general gardening maintenance without supervision
- General garden duties - sweeping fallen leaves, clearing weeds etc.
- Be familiar with the risk assessment for the role.
Requirements of Role
- Enhanced criminal records check
- Two satisfactory references
- Leonard Cheshire Induction Training
- Moving and handling training (including assisting a wheelchair user)
- Any other training as required for the role
If based within a Leonard Cheshire care home in England this role will be subject to the requirements of The Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) (Amendment) (Coronavirus) Regulations 2021. Successful volunteer applicants will need to be able to evidence to our satisfaction that they are vaccinated, or are exempt from vaccination due to clinical reasons.