Volunteer Fundraisers | Central Region
We are currently looking to recruit a team of volunteers to organise and support local community fundraising events
Preferably 2 – 3 hours per week although this is flexible
Key activities to include:
- Organising and leading on fundraising events, such as coffee mornings, fetes and seasonal events.
- Co-ordinating street and supermarket collections.
- Helping to develop relationships with local businesses and community groups.
Key skills/qualities needed:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastic and committed to cooperative and community working
- Reliable and punctual
- Willing to share ideas
Ability to travel across locations locally (expenses paid)
Prior experience of fundraising desirable but not essential
Requirements of role
Full induction training including;
- Information on Leonard Cheshire
- Leonard Cheshire’s policies and procedures, including boundaries
- Disability Confidence
- Moving & Handling
Supervision and support
- All new volunteers will be introduced to relevant paid staff and other volunteers they may come into contact with.
- Regular group review and support meetings will be arranged on a six-monthly basis. Additional one-to-one support meetings can also be arranged if required.
- Application form
- 2 References
- Informal interview
- Enhanced DBS check