We are currently recruiting for volunteer drivers nationwide for a number of our services.
Days and times for volunteer driving duties will be varied and dependent on circumstances but always by prior arrangement and agreement.
- Driving and accompanying people who use our services on days out and trips.
- Supporting people to access leisure and social activities in their local community.
- Driving people to medical appointments in an adapted vehicle.
Requirements of Role
- Enhanced criminal records check
- Two satisfactory references
- Leonard Cheshire Induction Training
- Moving and handling training (including assisting a wheelchair user)
- Any other training as required for the role
- Valid Driving Licence
If based within a Leonard Cheshire care home in England this role will be subject to the requirements of The Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) (Amendment) (Coronavirus) Regulations 2021. Successful volunteer applicants will need to be able to evidence to our satisfaction that they are, or will be vaccinated by 11 November 2021, or are exempt from vaccination due to clinical reasons.