Volunteer Community Researcher and Administrator
To assist the Community team to develop insight into local, regional and national policies, risks and opportunities which could influence our direction and development activity.
- 1 month minimum commitment/ home-based
- Minimum of 10 hours per week
- Agree to weekly Skype/ phone call check ins access
- Support to research specific locations around the UK.
- Gather and update existing information.
- Collect and collate information from a variety of internal and external sources, analysing data to aid our evidenced-based decision-making approach.
- Gather reporting data from teams across the organisation, and synthesise to clearly communicate key information.
- Work within and comply with all Leonard Cheshire policies and procedures including GDPR, Safeguarding Code of Conduct and Equality of Opportunity
Key skills needed for this role:
- A genuine commitment to the values and ethos of Leonard Cheshire
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A keen interest in the Social Sciences (through personal study or degree)
- Good research skills and a high level of attention to detail, able to produce research and project documents which are accurate and thorough
- Able to conduct literature reviews
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to develop strong and effective working relationships across several teams
- Experience of working with disabled people is desirable
- An engaging manner with the ability to build rapport
- Passion, enthusiasm and a real commitment to making a difference
- Be able to work on your own initiative, as well as part of a team
- Microsoft Office skills in standard packages such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Requirements of Role
- Two references required
- Completion of induction training including volunteer induction training and disability equality training
- Computer with internet access
Any other comments
- Relevant training as required for the role will be provided.
- Reasonable out of pocket expenses associated with carrying out this role will be reimbursed, according to Leonard Cheshire’s reimbursement of expenses policy.