Flexible, and agreed upon between the volunteer and services' needs.
We are looking for volunteers to spend time with our residents who live in a number of our services in the South West. Residents were used to taking part in regular activities and hobbies prior to the pandemic and local lockdowns. We are now looking for volunteers who can use apps like Zoom, Teams or Facetime etc to engage with our residents.
Activities could include reading, watching films or discussing films, playing online games as well as remotely. For example, drafts or chess. Volunteer has a chess set at home and matches the chess set the resident has in his room. or other interests that the resident may have. Several residents like animals so are keen to see your pets onscreen too. There will also be opportunities to get involved in other events and activities, for example we have a Winter Wonderland event planned for residents where we need practical onsite help setting up. PPE and social distancing measures will be in place.
Requirements of Role
What we are looking for:
- Willing to support choice and independence for disabled people
- Non-judgemental, empathetic and patient
- Good listening and explaining skills
- Good communicator for activities but a quiet person is welcome to volunteer too.
Requirements for the role include:
- Leonard Cheshire online volunteering training
- In service training plus any other additional training
- 2 references
All reasonable expenses will be reimbursed according to Leonard Cheshire policy