We are looking for a number of volunteers to help and support Leonard Cheshire service users to remain connected and combat potential isolation using digital technology on a range of platforms (including Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Facetime, Skype etc.)
Flexible, depending on service requirement or individuals in the community.
- Liaise with Community Volunteer Coordinators to arrange regular activities with residents.
- Taking part in video calls with residents either in a one to one or group basis.
- Facilitating discussion/coffee morning groups.
- Leading a wide range of activities including bingo, quizzes, arts and crafts, karaoke.
- Share best practice with the team in training and team meetings.
Whether you have an outgoing personality or are a quieter type, you will be patient and sensitive, with good listening and communication skills. You will also be enthusiastic and friendly and of course reliable and cheerful.
Online induction training
This is a great role for someone who is empathetic and willing to help disabled people stay connected digitally as well as someone who is comfortable using a wide range of devices.
With access to the appropriate equipment, this is a role that can be carried out remotely.
Reasonable expenses will be reimbursed if agreed in advance.