We are currently recruiting a number of virtual volunteers to engage with and entertain some of our residents.
Each virtual session would last on average 45 minutes and we would like to offer sessions on a regular basis.
We are looking for a number of keen volunteers who would like to interact virtually on Zoom with Leonard Cheshire care home residents and participants .This role will help us to combat potential isolation.
Key activities could include:
- Teaching a language
- Running a book club
- Singing & performing
- Hosting a quiz
- Holding an arts & craft session
- Teaching wheelchair yoga/chair exercises
- Leading a fun and interactive session
- .. and much, much more
Key skills/qualities a volunteer needs for this role:
- Access to Zoom/Skype/Teams/Facetime
- Good listening skills
- Good communicator
- Willing to support choice and independence for disabled people
Requirements of role
- Enhanced criminal records check
- Two satisfactory references
- Leonard Cheshire Induction Training
- Any other training as required for the role
This is a great role for someone who is comfortable using online video software and who would like to help disabled people to harness the power of technology and stay connected and reduce isolation.
With access to the appropriate equipment this is a role that can be carried out remotely.
Reasonable expenses will be reimbursed, if agreed in advance.