To help and support Leonard Cheshire care home residents to remain connected and combat potential isolation using digital technology on a range of platforms (including Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Facetime, skype & Facebook Portals).
Flexible, depending on the requirements of services. A minimum of 3 months commitment, a minimum of 4 hours per month.
- Liaise with care home staff, activities coordinator and lead volunteer to arrange regular activities with residents.
- Taking part in video calls with residents either in a one to one or group basis.
- Facilitating discussion/coffee morning groups.
- Leading a wide range of activities including bingo, quizzes, arts and crafts, karaoke.
- Share best practice with the team in training and team meetings.
Requirements for the role include:
- Leonard Cheshire online volunteering training
- In service training plus any other additional training
- 2 references
This is a great role for someone who is comfortable using a range of devices, and who would like to help disabled people to harness the power of technology and stay connected and reduce isolation.
With access to the appropriate equipment, this is a role that can be carried out remotely.
Reasonable expenses will be reimbursed if agreed in advance.