Talk Sport Virtual Volunteer
Are you passionate about sports? We are looking for a keen volunteer who would like to interact virtually on Zoom with a number of our residents
Flexible, a minimum of 4 hours per month.
Are you passionate about sports? We are looking for a keen volunteer who would like to interact virtually on Zoom with Leonard Cheshire care home residents and participants to discuss our favourite sports, from football to rugby and on to boccia and tennis. This role will help us to combat potential isolation.
Key activities to include:
- Lead a Talk Sport session on zoom once per week and discuss various sports
- Facilitating discussion between participants
- Leading sport quizzes
- Leading a fun and interactive session
Key skills/qualities a volunteer needs for this role:
- General IT Skills
- Good listening and explaining skills
- Good communicator
- Willing to support choice and independence for disabled people
Requirements of role
- Enhanced criminal records check
- Two satisfactory references
- Leonard Cheshire Induction Training
- Any other training as required for the role
This is a great role for someone who is comfortable using zoom and who would like to help disabled people to harness the power of technology and stay connected and reduce isolation.
With access to the appropriate equipment this is a role that can be carried out remotely.
Reasonable expenses will be reimbursed, if agreed in advance.