We are looking for volunteers to provide additional support to people who use our Omagh Sow & Grow project on Mondays at 10am—2pm.
The Omagh sow & grow project runs from March—October from 10am—2pm.
Suggested commitment is 10am—2pm weekly/fortnightly/monthly.
Volunteers are able to give their time flexibly, but a regular commitment is appreciated.
Assist clients to take part in gardening and social activities at the garden (No gardening skills required)
Be familiar with the risk assessment for the role.
Attend regular review and support meetings every 6 months.
Support garden coordinator with planning and preparation of activities
Update garden log
Support staff to provide light refreshments
· Positive attitude to working with disabled people
· Comfortable supporting people to move around the project ( May include handling wheelchairs)
· Happy to be sight guide around the park
· Good interpersonal skills
· Reliable and trustworthy
· Open to learning new skills
· Willingness to attend training
· Committed to working within our aims, values, policies and procedures.
· Comfortable with working outside
Requirements of Role
· Application form,
· Two references, informal interview
· Clear Enhanced DBS
· Informal interview
· Ability to get to the Ulster American Folk Park
*Out of pocket expenses, including mileage will be provided for this role, subject to prior agreement*