One to One Befriender
Do you have a little time to spare each week to become a Volunteer Befriender?
We are currently looking for friendly people to support our residents in and around the local community.
2-3 hours per week/ one afternoon a week (flexible)
As a Befriender you can support our residents by support g with social activities, going to community events, to the local cinema, drowse around the charity shops or just having a cuppa and a chat.
- To provide friendship and support to a resident/s
- To assist resident to develop further social contacts including links with the local community e.g. joining clubs, attending education classes or community events
- To support a resident to go shopping
- To escort a resident to go for a coffee in one of the local cafes
- Full training
- Reimbursement of out of pocket expenses
The chance to make a difference and give back to the community.