Lead Gardening Volunteer
We are currently recruiting for a lead volunteer gardener for our Wharfedale House service.
Ideally a regular commitment such as 1-2 hours a week, but as much as the Volunteer is able to commit.
Key Activities to Include:
- Coordinating and supporting a small team of volunteer gardeners.
- Coordinating volunteer rotas as required
- Working with the Community Volunteer Coordinator to welcome corporate volunteering groups
- Leading a residents gardening group
Key Personal Attributes Include:
- Good communication skills
- Ability to delegate
Previous experience of working with disabled adults not necessary.
Requirements of Role
- 2 references
- Clear DBS check
- Completion of required training
- Some knowledge of gardening and plants
Training for the role includes:
- Volunteer Induction Training
- Manual Handling training
- Fire Safety Awareness