This is a great role for someone who is comfortable using a range of devices, and who would like to help disabled people to harness the power of technology and stay connected.
1/2 hours a week but can be flexible
We are looking for a volunteer to help and support a Leonard Cheshire service user in the setup and training in digital technology, ensuring that residents are digitally included and can use technology to stay connected and combat isolation, through supporting online social groups, video calls, music and TV subscriptions, learn new skills and remain independent.
Keys activities to include:
- Giving assistance when required
- Motivate service users to go the extra mile and learning new things.
- Check that devices are working correctly.
- Provide ongoing support and guidance to ensure all devices are being used regularly and efficiently.
This opportunity is 1 to 1 and face to face, so will therefore start once we are able to safely welcome back Volunteers to our home.
Whether you have an outgoing personality or are a quieter type, you will be patient and sensitive with good listening and communication skills. A good understanding of IT/Digital is a given. You will also be enthusiastic and friendly and of course reliable and cheerful.
Requirements of the role:
- Two References
- Enhanced Disclosure check
- Online Induction Training