Digital Inclusion Volunteer
We are currently recruiting for a number of Digital Inclusion Volunteers to help consolidate the new knowledge that people have gained during their online digital lessons.
Minimum of 1 hour a week – flexibly arranged with the programme coordinator.
Leonard Cheshire’s Digital Inclusion Team have been providing online lessons in various subjects such as software basics in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, as well as practical subjects such as using job web sites and staying safe online.
After the conclusion of these courses, we are looking for Digital Inclusion Volunteers to help consolidate the new knowledge that people have gained. Helping disabled people in person to ensure that they are getting the most out of their technology.
- High level of computer literacy and familiarity with Apple products.
- Access to laptop or personal computer
- Ability to travel independently across Liverpool or St Helens (expenses provided)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Reliable and punctual
- Prior experience working with disabled people desirable
- All volunteers will be provided with volunteer training and induction.
- All volunteers will be given GP letters to arrange Covid-19 vaccinations
- This role requires two references and an enhanced DBS check provided by Leonard Cheshire.