Flexible, depending on the requirements of services. A minimum of 3 months commitment, a minimum of 4 hours per month.
To help and support Leonard Cheshire supported living services in the installation, set up and training (residents, their families, staff & volunteers) in new digital technology. Ensuring that residents are digitally included and can use technology to stay connected and combat isolation, through supporting online social groups, video calls, music and TV subscriptions, learn new skills and remain independent.
Keys activities to include:
- Setting up Alexa devices, smart technology – smart bulbs etc.
- Assist in setting up online accounts when needed.
- Check that devices are working correctly.
- Train up those involved so that they can use the devices with confidence.
- Provide ongoing support and guidance to ensure all devices are being used regularly and efficiently.
Requirements of the role:
- Two References
- Access NI Disclosure check
- Online Induction Training
- Digital Champions Training
This is a great role for someone who is comfortable using a range of devices, and who would like to help disabled people to harness the power of technology and stay connected.
With access to the appropriate equipment, this is a role that can be carried out remotely.
Reasonable expenses will be reimbursed if agreed in advance.