Digital Befriending Volunteer
We are currently recruiting for a volunteer to support an individual with the basics of operating the computer, while also having a chat and exchanging stories.
Can be discussed and agreed in advance
Key Activities to include:
- To support an individual with the basic use of a computer.
- Show how to open and use basic programs on the computer.
- Establish a professional relationship with the individual,
- Engage in meaningful conversations,
- Provide a listening ear
- Provide reassurance and support if necessary.
Key Skills Needed:
- Should be familiar with using a computer
- Must be able to break down tasks and learn at the pace of the individual.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills,
- Reliable and punctual,
- Good listening and communication skills
- Enthusiastic and positive approach
Requirements of Role
- 2 references
- Access NI check
- Full induction in Volunteering with Leonard Cheshire will be provided, and training provided.