We are currently recruiting for a number of community volunteers to help support disabled people to access their communities
Minimum of 2 hours a week – flexibly arranged with the community volunteering coordinator.
Leonard Cheshire work to support communities to be inclusive for all, where everyone within the community feels safe and has an equal voice in shaping the community and has a sense of belonging. Working in partnership with local groups and Leonard Cheshire services, we want to support more disabled people to play an active role in community life.
Community Volunteers can have a range of roles supporting disabled people to access their communities, whether that’s supporting someone to attend a skills class, pairing up with someone to help with travel, or supporting somebody to do a different kind of volunteering. The possibilities are endless!
- Ability to travel across locations in Liverpool (expenses paid)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastic and committed to cooperative and community working
- Reliable and punctual
- Prior experience working with disabled people desirable
- All volunteers will be provided with volunteer training and induction.
- All volunteers will be given GP letters to arrange Covid-19 vaccinations
- This role requires two references and an enhanced DBS check provided by Leonard Cheshire.