Can Do Project Assistant
We are currently recruiting a volunteer to assist with one of our Can Do Projects in Liverpool.
3 hour sessions every Friday between the hours of 9.30am-2pm, 17th Sept-26th Nov
Leonard Cheshire’s skills development programme, Can Do, is running a project at a Primary School in Childwall, Liverpool, from 17th September – 26th November. We require a Can Do Project Assistant who can commit to 1 half day every Friday morning to assist the project coordinator and participants in delivering a creative gardening project.
This would be a perfect opportunity for someone wishing to gain experience working with children or in an SEN environment.
The role will consist of but not limited to:
- Assisting Programme Coordinator with organising sessions – helping set up classrooms, distribute materials.
- Provide supervised support to students to completing tasks, both written and practical.
- Ensuring the safety of the participants as they carry out practical gardening tasks.
- Encouraging students to develop their ideas independently.
- Enthusiastic and friendly approach
- Excellent communication skills
- Reliable and punctual
- Creative – able to think outside the box!
- Able to represent Leonard Cheshire values and ethos
- Inclusive approach to all activities
- Experience working with children and/or disabled people
- Gardening or creative production experience
Requirements of Role
Training and Expenses
- Full Leonard Cheshire induction and volunteer training
- Volunteer expenses available for travel.
- Interview with Community Volunteer Coordinator and Programme Coordinator
- Enhanced Child and Adult DBS (paid by Leonard Cheshire)
- 2 references