Financial review — headline review
- Net income: £2.6m (2014/15: £7.9m)
- Net income excluding gains/losses on the disposal of fixed assets and investments: £3.0m (2014/15: £5.7m)
- Total incoming resources: £159.1m (2014/15: £162.3m)
- Total resources expended: £156.6m (2014/15: £154.8m)
- Net cash inflow from operating activities: £5.6m (2014/15: £8.3m)
We achieved net income of £2.6m, £5.3m lower than last year due to a combination of lower voluntary income and higher spend on social care activities, and the presence of a one-off gain on disposal in the prior year.
Excluding gains/losses on the disposal of fixed assets and investments, we achieved net income of £3.0m which is £2.7m lower than last year. This is a satisfactory result in a challenging operating environment.