Cycle Together Sandringham
Date: 13 July 2014
Location: Sandringham, Norfolk
Distance: 10 miles, 20 miles, 50 miles or 100 milesRegister now
You can also download a paper registration form (PDF). Please note that if you have already registered via the British Cycling website you do not need to register again here.
Cycle Together Sandringham on Sunday 13 July 2014 - the Norfolk cycle ride perfect for all ages and abilities.
With distances of 10, 20, 50 and 100 miles to choose from these are rides for all the family, as well as for experienced club and sportive cyclists. The 10-/20-mile routes are suitable for all ages and abilities and in year one we had participants ranged from age 2 to 82!
Starting and finishing in the grounds of Park House Hotel, just a few yards from Sandringham House and the Visitor Centre, this ride takes you through perfect cycling country with quiet roads and picturesque villages.
From the start, all routes first head northwards towards the North Norfolk coast. The short routes then loop back through the villages of the Sandringham Royal Estate, while the longer rides continue up to the coast, taking in the magnificent grounds of Holkham Hall near Wells-next-the-Sea.
The Cycle Together routes pass by some very interesting and historic sites around Sandringham and the surrounding areas in Norfolk. Read about the royal history, quirky facts, and historical sites to look out for on this heritage ride.
What you get when you enter
Fully sign-posted course, food and drink stations, bike mechanic on site, first aid, on-course support vehicles and refreshments on site at start and finish.
Supporting local causes
All the money raised, including the entry fees, will go to helping disabled guests and their carers enjoy a holiday at Park House, the Leonard Cheshire Disability hotel at Sandringham (or one of our other services, if you choose).
We would also be grateful for any extra donations you can raise. Just £10 would pay for an afternoon outing for one of our disabled guests, £50 would fund a singer/pianist during dinner, £100 would cover an afternoon's entertainment from a local music/drama group and £250 would help finance a week's stay at Park House for just one disabled person who would otherwise not be able to afford this.
Under 16s registration
Riders under the age of 16 go free and do not need to enter using the online entry form or paper form above. Parents/Guardians simply download a parental consent form here and bring a signed copy on the day. Alternatively we will have spares to be filled in available at Park House.
The Cycle Together registration fees are as follows:
Adults and over-16s:
- 10-mile route: £10 in advance, £15 on the day
- 20-mile route: £15 in advance, £20 on the day
- 50-mile route: £20 in advance, £25 on the day
- 100-mile route: £25 in advance, £30 on the day
Cycle Together is a registered event with British Cycling, the governing body for cycling.
Considering joining British Cycling but haven't got round to signing up yet? Ride membership is perfect for commuters, sportive riders and leisure cyclists. It gives you access to liability insurance and lots of discounts. Find out more about British Cycling membership.
Please note that these are provisional routes pending risk assessment. The definitive version will be available as both GPS download and printable map approximately two weeks before the event.
Cycle Together Sandringham is lucky to have support from some wonderful individuals, clubs and organisations this year.
- Sandringham Estate - We would like to say a big thank-you to the Sandringham Estate who very kindly let us use a section of the estate for car parking on the day, and also to the Holkham Estate who allowed us to set up feed station facilities.
- Adrian Flux are a local company who search hundreds of insurance schemes to find you the best possible deal, suited to your needs and driving history. They provide financial support by sponsoring Cycle Together.
- Sports Development Unit of BCKLWN - We're grateful to the Borough Council of Kings Lynn and West Norfolk who provide publicity of Cycle Together throughout the region as well as providing marketing and financial support by sponsoring Cycle Together.
- British Cycling provide on-going event advice and an online entry system.
- Sandringham & West Norfolk Cyclists are an informal group who enjoy cycling together. Anyone with an interest in cycling is welcome to join. We have taken advantage of their local knowledge as they have supplied route planning and event signage. They will also be on hand to provide advice and publicity throughout the event.
- Fatbirds live and breathe bike and cycling accessories. They've been in business for 18 years - seven of which have been online - and have built a reputation for the best brands, excellent prices, fantastic cycling knowledge and great customer service. They will supply signage for the event and a bike mechanic.
- Transport Electric UK, an electric bike shop in Gorleston-on-Sea, kindly donated 20 superb LED cycle helmets worth £29.99 each.
- Bottlesport are the UK's leading manufacturer of promotional sports bottles. They very kindly donate water bottles for Cycle Together.
- Greshams - site for feed station
- King's Lynn Air Cadets - car park marshals
- Steve's Taxi Service is a family run business who pride themselves on the personal service that they believe only a family run company can offer. Steve's Taxi Service of Dersingham supplied support vehicles at Cycle Together.
- Springboard TV - video production
- Double G Clothing - sponsoring the Springboard TV video
- Springwood High School Band - music at the finish
- J E Howard Butchers - supplying barbecue
- High 5 is a UK advanced sports nutrition company run by athletes. They have competed in many of the world’s toughest events and have years of racing experience between them. They know from personal experience how important it is to get your nutrition absolutely right and what it takes to make a great sports product.
- Iceni is a new English natural mineral water. Filtered through deep chalk strata, it is naturally purified, high in calcium and low in sodium with a clean, refreshing taste. Iceni provide water bottles for the Cycle Together event.
- Mars - Based in Leicestershire and King's Lynn, Mars Food is dedicated to providing better food today for a better world tomorrow through their Dolmio, Uncle Ben's and Seeds of Change brands. Providing 2,000 Mars bars and 2,000 Tracker bars to cover all three Cycle Together events
- Stream Foods kindly supplied some of their healthy Fruit Bowl snacks for our riders.
- Barsby Produce are a family run business that has been serving the East Anglia region with top quality fresh produce for over 40 years. They very kindly provided us with bananas on the day to keep all of our cyclists energised.
- Jody Cundy - We're delighted that Team GB Paralympian Jody Cundy is endorsing and publicising Cycle Together. Norfolk-bred Paralympic gold medallist Jody Cundy, who gave up professional swimming to pursue his successful cycling career, said: ‘Leonard Cheshire Disability's Cycle Together is a great idea, an opportunity for everyone – beginners and experienced cyclists alike – to get active So why not sign up, get cycling and raise some funds for Leonard Cheshire Disability?’
On the day
Starting and finishing in the grounds of Park House hotel, just a few yards from Sandringham House and the Visitor Centre, this ride takes you through perfect cycling country with quiet roads and picturesque villages.
From the start, all routes first head northwards towards the North Norfolk coast. The short routes then loop back through the villages of the Sandringham Royal Estate, while the longer rides continue up to the coast, taking in the magnificent grounds of Holkham Hall near Wells-Next-The-Sea.
The 10- and 20-mile routes are gently undulating, and there will be assistance on the few hilly sections for those who require it. The longer routes include several fairly challenging climbs (North Norfolk is not flat!), especially towards and along the coastal roads.
Leonard Cheshire Disability's Park House Hotel
Registration will open at 7.15am. The 100-mile riders will set off between 8.00am and 9.00am and the 50-milers between 8.30am and 9.15am. The 20- and 10-mile riders will follow between 9.15am and 10.00am. We encourage less experienced riders to set off as early as possible. Registration closes at 9.45am and all riders should be on the road by 10.00am.